Skip to main content

MY TOP 4 FAVOURITE BOOKS OF ALL TIME!

MY TOP 4 FAVOURITE BOOKS OF ALL TIME!

Hello Guys! I hope you all are doing well. So, this is the first time I am writing something apart from the usual book reviews/recommendations in my blog.

Yes, I will be writing about my top 4 personal favorite reads of all time! I become a very skeptical person when it comes to rating books. Rarely will you find me rating a book 5 stars? But when you do see me rating a book 5 stars, you should know that that book is worth reading! I have read about 111 books till now and out of that 28 books are my favorite. But the 4 books I will talk about today are very dear to me and are of four different genres. Also, the list below is not arranged in any particular order.

So without wasting any more time, let's begin with the list. 


1.HARRY POTTER SERIES


AUTHOR: J.K ROWLING

GENRE: FANTASY FICTION

PLOT:
It is a series of fantasy novels (7 books) that centers around the lives of a young wizard(one who is believed to have magical powers) Harry Potter and his friends Hermione Granger and Ron Weasley, all of whom are the students of Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. In the story, we see Harry's fight against the dark wizard Lord Voldemort, who wishes to become immortal and intends to tyrannize all the wizards and the muggles(non-magical people).

WHY IS IT MY FAVOURITE? 
Don't you think that the plot is super amazing?

Yes, Harry Potter is a truly magical series. Reading it will transfer you to a new world, a world you will wish exists. I know most of you have read the Harry Potter Series or at least have heard about it. And if you haven't read it yet, please just start with the first book, you won't regret it! It is a pretty easy and entertaining read. Each and every character of these series is lovable. And if by the end of the series, you feel like going to Hogwarts, do not blame me, please! (Because it happens, guys!)

Let me tell you the order of the book:
  •  Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone
  • Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets
  • Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban 
  • Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
  • Harry Potter and the Order of Phoenix
  • Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince
  • Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows

Read it, you can thank me later! Also, do not forget to watch the movie series after you are done with the books!

To buy this book set, click on the link here



2. THE HUNGER GAMES TRILOGY


AUTHOR: SUZANNE COLLINS


GENRE: UTOPIAN AND DYSTOPIAN FICTION, SCIENCE FICTION, ACTION FICTION

PLOT:
The Hunger Games is a trilogy set in the post-apocalyptic nation of Panem. The country consists of a wealthy Capitol city surrounded by 12 districts that are ruled by the Capitol. Katniss Everdeen, the narrator and also the main protagonist of the story, lives in District 12, the poorest region of Panem. As punishment for a past rebellion against the Capitol, one boy and one girl from each of the twelve districts, between the ages of 12 and 18, are selected by lottery to compete in an annual pageant called the Hunger Games. The Games are a televised event in which the participants, called "tributes", are forced to fight to the death in a dangerous public arena until a lone victor remains.

WHY IS IT MY FAVOURITE?
 The plot is action-packed and totally phenomenal. Reading it was like a roller coaster ride for me. Well to be honest, when I first read the blurb, I was not very sure if I would like it. But damn! after the first few chapters, I just couldn't stop myself from finishing it at a go. Also, after I finished reading all the three novels, I got so obsessed with the story that for 2-3 weeks I was thinking about it only! Yes, it is that addictive!

Coming to the characters, Katniss Everdeen is one of the fierce female characters I've come across. Peeta Mellark, one of the main male protagonist of the story is my absolute favorite character. He is also my first book boyfriend! Other than the plot, the thing I couldn't stop obsessing about was him. I still remember how often I used to mention his name to my friends and that I want a boyfriend just like him!

If you haven't read it yet, you are really missing out on an amazing series. And if you have read it...Just please tell me that you like Peeta?!

The order of the book:
  • The Hunger Games 
  • The Hunger Games: Catching Fire
  • The Hunger Games: Mockingjay

Also, do not forget to watch the movie series after you finish reading the books. 

To buy this book set, click on the link here


3. THE PERKS OF BEING A WALLFLOWER


AUTHOR: STEPHEN CHOBSKY

GENRE: YOUNG ADULT, EPISTOLARY, LGBTQ

PLOT:
The novel follows the story of  Charlie, a high school freshman, who is quiet, shy, and introverted in nature. The novel also addresses some important themes pervading adolescence, including introversion, sexuality, drug use, and mental health, while also making several references to other literary works, films, and pop culture in general.

WHY IS IT MY FAVOURITE?
This is one of the books which I keep on recommending to everyone as it has a very special place in my heart. It is a 'feel-good' kind of a book and I read it while I was going through a very low phase in my life. The book was partly a reason which helped me recover from that phase. Plus, I could relate so much with the book and it's characters, especially with Charlie. 
  
There are plenty of lines in the book that can either make you feel good or will break your heart. The author was successful in penning down his emotions and has portrayed it beautifully to his readers. My favorite quote from the book will be, "We accept the love we think we deserve." The book is very inspiring and lively and I recommend you all to read this book at least once in your life. I assure you, you will love it.

Also, watch the movie once you finish reading the book.

To buy a copy of the book, click on the link here


4. THE KITE RUNNER


AUTHOR: KHALED HOSSEINI

GENRE: HISTORICAL FICTION

PLOT:
The Kite Runner tells the story of Amir, a young boy from the Wazir Akbar Khan district of Kabul, whose closest friend is Hassan. The story is set against a backdrop of tumultuous events, from the fall of Afghanistan's monarchy through the Soviet military intervention the exodus of refugees to Pakistan and the United States, and the rise of the Taliban regime.

WHY IS IT MY FAVOURITE? 
This is one of the most heart touching books I have read. The story is so beautifully written. I don't have the exact words to explain what I feel about this book. I experienced a plethora of emotions while reading it and in the end, I cried. I am sure that this book is going to stay with me for the rest of my life.

The novel really moved me and those six words are still ringing in my ears, "For you thousand times over." Most of you might have read this book but if you haven't yet, you are missing out on a great book.

To buy a copy of the book, click on the link here



 




 

 

  

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

BOOK REVIEW / RECOMMENDATION: IF I STAY

IF I STAY AUTHOR:  GAYLE FORMAN PUBLISHER:   DUTTON PENGUIN PUBLICATION DATE: 2009 GENRE:   YOUNG ADULT FICTION PAGES COUNT:   210 FORMAT:   PAPERBACK FOLLOWED BY:   WHERE SHE WENT     GOODREADS RATING:   4/5 MY RATING:   3.5/5 OVERVIEW:                                               A COLD FEBRUARY MORNING. . .                                        A SNOWY ROAD. . .           AND SUDDENLY ALL OF MIA'S CHOICES ARE GONE.                                   EXCEPT ONE.          AS ALONE AS SHE'LL EVER BE, MIA MUST          MAKE THE DIFFICULT CHOICE OF ALL. PLOT:                                  After my 2nd year exams got over, I was in a dilemma which book should I start next as because, before my exams i was reading all the fantasy fiction books such as "The Hunger Games", "Trylle Trilogy", "Harry Potter" and etc. So one of my friend suggested me that I should read this book a

BOOK REVIEW / RECOMMENDATION: THE PERKS OF BEING A WALLFLOWER

THE PERKS OF BEING A WALLFLOWER AUTHOR: STEPHEN CHBOSKY GENRE: YOUNG ADULT FICTION, EPISTOLARY NOVEL PUBLISHER: MTV BOOKS (MOVIE COVER VERSION) PUBLICATION DATE: FEBRUARY 1, 1999 FORMAT: PAPERBACK PAGES COUNT: 213 GOODREADS RATING: 4.2/5 MY RATING: 5/5   'The perks of being a wallflower is a story about what it's like to travel that strange course through the uncharted territory of high school, the world of first dates, family dramas, and new friends. of sex, drugs, and the rocky horror picture show. of those wild and poignant roller-coaster days known as growing up.' PLOT:              The novel starts with Charlie, a 15 year old boy writing letters to an anonymous person who he thinks is going to understand and listen to him and will not judge him. He says, "So, this is my life. And I want you to know that I am both happy and sad and I'm still trying to figure out how that could be."               Charlie, a high schoo

BOOK REVIEW: 8 HOURS

8 HOURS                                       AUTHOR: UPENDRA NAMBURI PUBLISHER: WESTLAND PUBLISHERS GENRE: THRILLER, SUSPENSE PUBLICATION DATE: 21st OCTOBER, 2017 FORMAT: PAPERBACK PAGES COUNT: 283 GOODREADS RATING: 3.82/5 MY RATING: 2.5/5 I don't want to reveal much about the plot line, and so I am stating the blurb of the book below as given in Goodreads. BLURB: Aratrika Reddy, the charismatic CEO of ARYA Holdings Ltd, has just 8 hours to save her company from certain bankruptcy. The multi-billion dollar hotels to steel conglomerate, founded by her mercurial father, liquor baron Madhusudhan Reddy, has many suitors, all of them plotting a hostile takeover. Aratrika's estranged husband, Siddhartha is one of them. His inside knowledge is the real ace up his sleeve. The Rathores, the Reddy's arch-rivals are looking to buy ARYA too and thereby settle old scores. Aratrika has to weave her way through a litany of lawyers, politic